DANTES funds the CLEP and DSST exams to help service members earn college credit* for knowledge gained through previous experience, independent study, and/or training.
- Earn college credit* for prior knowledge
- Reduces course completion time; the average exam takes only a few hours vs. 8-15 weeks of course attendance
- Decreases time to complete degree; reduces the number of courses taken to complete a degree
- Saves money; DANTES funds one attempt per exam title for eligible examinees
- Avoids tuition assistance costs for courses replaced by credit earned through testing
- Exam scores are included on a service member’s Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- Test prep and study materials are provided online, via mobile apps, at installation libraries, and education centers
Open the attached Fact Sheet for eligibility information and more!